It’s the holiday season and holiday season calls for baking. Before getting into some traditional baking for this season, how about some simple microwave ones? Here comes the Eggless 1 minute Microwave cookies. This is a simple eggless soft chewy cookie that can be whipped up within 5 minutes. You can prepare fresh cookies everyday with different toppings and flavor and what’s better than a homemade cookie for a snack?
I came across this recipe long time back and wanted to try it right away. But 1 minute microwave eggless cake (Recipe coming soon) caught my attention and I was trying different flavors. Recently stumbled upon this recipe again and tried right away. It was a huge hit in our household and can’t wait to play with other flavors. The original recipe calls for whole milk, but I went with regular 2% or toned milk and also I used butterscotch morsels instead of chocolate chips. Please refer to the notes section for other variations.
- Butter – 1 tbsp + a little for greasing
- Cane Sugar – 2 tbsps
- Vanilla Essence – few drops
- All purpose flour – 3 tbsps
- Milk – 2 tsps
- Chocolate Chips – 1 tbsp (I used nestle butterscotch morsels)
- In a microwave safe bowl, add 1 tbsp of butter and melt it.
- To that, add the sugar and mix well. Let the sugar dissolve.
- At the stage add the vanilla essence and milk and whisk well.
- Add the flour at this stage and make sure you mix well without any lumps.
- Finally add chocolate chips and using a baking spatula mix them well.
- Grease the microwave safe plate and add the cookie mix and spread it nicely. The middle part should be thick than the edges.
- Now place it in microwave and set it for 1 minutes.
- Remove it from microwave and insert toothpick to see if it comes out clean. If the toothpick comes out clean, let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes before removing from the plate. If not, microwave again for 10 to 15 seconds and let it rest.
That’s it. Yummy eggless 1 minute microwave cookies are ready.
- Instead of butterscotch morsels, any chocolate chips of your choice can be used.
- Chocolate chips can be also replaced with dry fruits and nuts.
- Instead of vanilla flavor, add any other fruit flavors of your choice.
- Make when you spread the cookie mix, the edges are thinner than the middle.
- The cooking time differs with microwave power setting. To be on safer side, you can start with 50 seconds and then test with toothpick and then cook it accordingly.
- Resting time is very important before removing the cookie from the plate.