Has the Slime fever caught you? Oh yeah, who doesn’t love the gooey, stretchy and slimy slime?
Slime can behave in fascinating ways. It is somewhat in between a liquid and a solid. Depending on what kind of slime you are working with, it might flow between your fingers. Your slime may also behave more like a solid. You might even be able to roll it into a ball and bounce it. No wonder kids all around the world love it. And there is something more unique, hard to put into words- when you make your own slime!
You don’t need alien products to prepare the slime. You can do it at home with products readily available in the Indian market.
All you need is
- Fevicol MR
- Rangeela Tempera paints
- Baking powder
- Liquid soap and
- Contact lens solution or Carrom Board Powder.
All ingredients are available at your local supermarket. That means a visit to the supermarket is all that is needed to start making your own slime. Isn’t that great?
Note: The contact lens solution and carrom board powder are readily available in pharmacies and big supermarkets. A small bottle will go a long way.
DIY Slime Recipe:
- 4 tsps of Contact lens solution / Carrom Board powder as required
- 2 tsps of liquid soap
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- 100gms of Fevicol MR
- Rangeela Tempera colors of your choice
- Mix the baking soda and contact lens solution to make your slime activator and let is sit until you form the base.
- Add 100gms of Fevicol MR to the soap solution and mix well.
- Add your favorite Rangeela Tempera color and glitter and combine them nicely.
- Now start adding the Slime Activator to the base little by little and see your slime forming as you mix them thoroughly.
- Make sure you mix them vigorously until the slime leaves the bowl.
- Once the slime leaves the bowl, remove it from the bowl and knead it for a minute and
That’s it. Your own handmade slime is ready.
An added bonus is that it’s a super cool hands-on experiment (You might find 1000 ways that won’t work just like Thomas Alva Edison). If you wouldn’t wait for so much trial and error, then simply follow our video!
Done with the DIY Slime? Spark up your gray matter and find more about Slime. Hint: Polymer. 🙂
We know the slime recipe now and how about adding some more color and creativity to it? Build a muddy puddle for your Peppa pigs or some cake for the tea party. Unleash your creativity and make use of the summer vacation.