Now that you are familiar with the pros and cons and several other aspects of Dishwashers and Robomaids, here are some product reviews for both gadgets.
Currently, IFB, Samsung, Siemens, LG, Bosch are leading manufacturers of free-standing dishwashing machines. The prices start from Rs.26000/- up to Rs. 45000/-
Built-in dishwashers, which are usually a permanent fixture in the kitchen are offered by Whirlpool, KAFF Elica, Siemens, and CARYSIL. These are more expensive than the free-standing models and are usually offered as part of a modular kitchen set up.
Here are some recommendations are for free-standing dishwashers with 12 place settings.
Bosch SMS60L18IN Dishwasher
priced at Rs.36500/- onwards
Bosch SMS60L18IN Dishwasher is a free-standing machine, 84.5 x 60 x 60 cm and is good for 12 place settings. It includes 2 foldable baskets (top and bottom) and a fixed cutlery stand. With a
child proof lock, this machine heats up to 70°C and uses just 10 litres of water for one load. It offers options for Half-loads, Extra Dry and Vario Eco and has 6 wash programs:
- Intensive Kadhai @70°C
- Auto @45-65°C
- Express Sparkle @65°C
- Eco @50°C
- Quick @45°C
Siemens SN26L800IN Freestanding Dishwasher
priced Rs. 40,0000/- onwards
Siemens SN26L800IN Freestanding Dishwasher has a 12-liter water holding capacity. It has a Glass Protection technique and a child-safety door lock. Equipped with a Height Adjustable Top rack, it also has 2 foldable plate racks & cutlery basket in the bottom basket. The following wash options are offered:
- Intensive Plus @70 °C
- Normal @65 °C
- Auto @45-65 °C
- Eco @50 °C
- Party @45 °C
- 2 additional options: VarioSpeed and HygienePlus
IFB Neptune WX Dishwasher
priced at Rs.35990/- onwards
The Neptune WX Dishwasher features two spray arms that ensure dishes come out spotlessly clean. The LED display indicates the level of rinse, the need for salt refill and detergent. It also includes adjustable racks and an in-built water softening device which increases detergent efficiency. It also has a child lock safety feature. The 9 wash programs offered are:
- extra heavy soiled
- heavy soiled
- mix load
- pots and pans
- pre-wash and
- energy saver
What are the things to look for when deciding on a dishwasher?
- The number of plate settings: Options are available from 6 place settings to 14 place settings. Some models offer more than 14 as well
- Number of wash programs: Assess your eating and cooking patterns and choose accordingly. For eg. If you frequently use glass or ceramic, your dishwasher should definitely provide glass protection options
- ‘Delay Wash’ option offers great flexibility. It allows you to preset the time of washing.
- Child safety features and LED indicators.
- Number of Adjustable racks on the top and bottom.
- Consider energy efficiency and water consumption.
- Warranty and extended warranty offered by retail chains such as Croma
- Service back-up is critical and should play a key role in your decision.
Robomaids Product Review
Given the growing demand for robotic floor cleaners, several renowned brands such as Philips, Samsung, and LG have now entered this market. However, Milagrow offers the maximum number of options including a damp mop version as well.
Most online stores stock a variety of models from different manufacturers. The prices of robomaids start from below Rs. 4000/- for a basic model going up to more than Rs.50,000/- for a more advanced model.
Below are some recommendations:
Milagrow Aquabot 5.0 Water
priced at Rs.31,990/-
If you prefer cleaning both with a broom and a mop, the Aquabot 5.0 Water from Milagrow is perfect. This dry cleaning and wet mopping robomaid has an integrated water reservoir and a smart mop function. The tank and mop are easy to remove, fill with water and replace for effortless mopping.
While the Aquabot has a wide range of features, here are some ofthe top ones.
- Can clean up to 3500 sq.ft on a single charge
- Has multiple sensors for more effective cleaning
- Obstacle and fall detection sensors
- Dustbin capacity is 0.5 liters Top-fitting dustbin for easy removal and cleaning
- Pet hair cleaning and three other cleaning modes
- Scheduling and self-charging features
Philips FC8800/01 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
priced at Rs 17,163
The slim Philips Robotic Vacuum Cleaner, equipped with extra-long brushes has a height of only 50mm which makes it very easy to clean under furniture and other hard-to-reach areas. It is a dry robo-cleaner. It boasts of a single button operation which makes it very easy to use.
- 2-stage cleaning system to capture dirt and dust. The side brushes and powerful suction clean up the dirt effortlessly
- Collection bin capacity is 0.2 liters
- An exhaust filter traps fine dust and particles ensuring a cleaner environment
- Infrared sensors prevent it from falling or colliding into furniture and other objects
- The charging time is 4 hours and the machine can run for 50 minutes on a single charge
- Suitable for wooden floors, laminates, and tiles
Samsung SR8900 Navibot-S with Auto-Emptying Dust Bin
priced at Rs.44,900/-
A relatively new entrant into the Indian market, Samsung has launched a robomaid which has an Auto-empty functionality. When the dust collection bin is full, the machine returns to the docking station, empties the dust into a central dust chamber. In addition, it also removes dirt and debris from the main brush before re-starting the cleaning. The product also has the below features.
- Features the Visionary Mapping™ System. It has twelve sensors, two CPU chips, and an onboard camera,
- At only 80mm, it fits under furniture and cleans hard-to-reach areas
- A Dust Awareness optical sensor – when it reaches a heavily-soiled area, it shifts to power cleaning mode, then vacuums repeatedly until the area is dirt-free.
- Automatically transitions from hardwood floors to carpeting
- A 204 mm-wide brush cleans up crumbs, pet hair, and dust. The expanded brush, along with the sweeper blade, results in a faster, more efficient overall cleaning performance.
- Set up Daily or weekly cleaning schedules
- Has a Virtual Guard™ or the virtual wall feature
- Cliff sensor to detect edges of the steps and other deep areas
Some questions/criteria to consider before investing in a Robomaid:
- Does your space require mopping along with dry cleaning?
- How large is your space, how dirty does it usually get – this will help you decide the optimum capacity of the dust collection unit in the robomaid
- Is it easy to dismantle and replace the collection bins?
- What is the Warranty and extended warranty?
- After sales service capability and network?
- Which are the different Sensors on the robomaid? Does it include obstacle and stair detection sensors?
- Cleaning options (pet hair cleaning, spot cleaning, wall to wall cleaning etc) and the placement of cleaning bristles on the robomaid
- Are accessories such as a remote control, a charging device, virtual wall device, extra brushes or filters included into the price?
- What are the other features – HEPA air filters for cleaner air, delayed start, battery back-up and battery replacement
Advances in technology and the growing popularity of smart gadgets in the Indian market bring savvy consumers a wide choice. The home appliances market is a fast growing segment and appliances such as dishwashers and robomaids currently lead the way in reducing the dependency on the maid.
If you are willing to reduce the dependency on house-helpers and increase your dependency on the new age smart gadgets, these two are must haves in your home in addition to washing machines.
*Links are affiliate to Amazon