We had little bit of rain last weekend. Samosas, Pakoras are an automatic extension for rain (no matters if it is less..:) They just set the mood to have these snacks. Here is ayummy option – Moong Daal Vadas. Its a perfect side dish and also evening snack served with chutney. I took Moong Daal, since it is lighter than Urad Daal. Also, it is packed with protein. I added grated cauliflower and carrot with chopped green chili and ginger.
- Moong Daal – 1 cup
- Cauliflower – grated
- Carrots – grated
(I am not giving the measure for the veggies as it is up to you how much you want to add.)
- Green Chilli – finely chopped
- Ginger – grated
- Fennel Seeds (optional) – roasted and then crushed
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Soak Moon Daal for 3-4 hours. Drain the water. (Do not throw the water)
- Coarsely grind it with little bit of water if needed. Add very little water while grinding. The batter should not become watery. It should be thick.
- Add veggies, green chilli, ginger, turmeric powder, fennel seeds, asafoetida.
(You can do all the preparations ahead of time till this step.)
- Add salt when you are ready to fry.
- Start frying your vadas taking small portion at a time and fry till golden brown.
- Moong Daal Vada can be served with Tomato sauce, Cilantro Chutney accompanied with Tea.
All image credits:Alpana