It’s summer and it is hot outside. Summer heat always calls for some refreshing drinks. We usually have get togethers, potlucks, and gatherings during summer. Apart from deciding on the food part, drinks is another area where we have to think. I always like the taste of fresh fruits when it comes to drinks. Let’s make some refreshing non-alcoholic summer party drinks that you can enjoy at any time of the day. They are not only perfect for kids (as they do not have any alcohol in it) but also ideal for your next party.
Fresh strawberries makes this drink so refreshing that you and your guests won’t stop on just one glass. They will ask for more.
You can either use frozen strawberries or fresh. I have used fresh strawberries. I usually make this puree and keep it in my freezer. So here is how you can also make Fresh Strawberry Punch.
Ideally, Ginger Ale is the base for this Strawberry Punch. If you have an outdoor party, the best part of this punch is, it can be transported to the venue. Add Ginger Ale at the time of serving.
- Strawberries – Fresh or Frozen – 2 cups
- Sugar – adjust according to the sweetness of strawberry
- Ginger (optional) – 1/2″ piece
- Salt – pinch
- Black Salt – optional
- Water – as required
- Lemon juice – to be added at the end. First taste the puree and then add.
- Mint – garnish
- Strawberries – garnish
- Ginger Ale/ Club Soda/7-up/Sprite/Sparkling water- added right before serving.
- Blend together strawberries, sugar, ginger into a smooth puree. Add water as required. Add salt, black salt, lemon juice.
- When you are ready to serve, pour 2-3 tablespoons of this strawberry puree. Add Ginger Ale/ Club Soda/7-up/Sprite/Sparkling water just before serving. Garnish with strawberry and mint leaves.
NOTE: If you are using Ginger Ale/Club soda/7- up/ Sprite, be careful when you will be adding sugar as these drinks already have sugar in it.
Chilled Watermelon Drink: Entertain your guests with the season’s favorite produce
I love watermelon. The dark red and green color attracts me a lot. This drink always reminds me of my summer training days in India. My mom used to make this chilled watermelon drink for me. Seriously, this chilled drink was just perfect for taking the mind off the heat.
- 2 cups cubed and de-seeded chilled watermelon
- 1/2 cup chilled water
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar (adjust according to the sweetness of watermelon)
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- Blend the above ingredients. If you want a smooth drink, strain.
These are two of the refreshing non-alcoholic summer drinks.
All image credits: Alpana