One of the reasons why I always read Enid Blyton was the kind of food which she described in her books. I was in love with the way she wrote about food, making it so exciting and yummy. I would dream of staying in a hostel carrying a tin of chocolate cake and going on adventures taking lemonade and scones with butter packed in the bag.
None of it happened really.
When I told Deeps about the Book Week we were doing, and thinking of adding recipes based on books (Thanks to Parinita from Kahani Tree for the lovely idea), Deeps sent across this simple but yummy chocolate cake recipe for me.
Thank you so much Deeps. 🙂
Here is the recipe
It’s a simple chocolate cake.
All purpose flour- 1 1/4 cup
Unsweetened Cocoa powder- 1 tablespoon
Baking powder- 1 tea spoon
Sugar- 1 cup
Salt- 1/2 tea spoon
Milk- 1/2 cup
Vegetable oil- 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence- 1 tea spoon
1) Grease and flour an 8 inch baking pan to keep the cake from sticking to the bottom.
2) Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
3) Preheat oven to 180degrees Celsius
4) Beat the liquid ingredients( milk, oil, vanilla essence and eggs).
5) Mix in the sugar and rest of the sifted dry ingredients
6) Beat them all in medium speed till they have mixed in well.
7) Pour the mix onto the baking pan.
8) Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer or a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
9) Let it cool on the rack.
10) Serve and enjoy!
Go on make it and take your kids into the wonderful adventure land of Enid Blyton 🙂
Featured image credit: Deeps